If you have orthodontic concerns such as crooked or crowded teeth, you may want to discuss the option of Invisalign with your dentist. Metal braces have been the standard norm for years, but with Invisalign, you have a better choice, especially when the alignment concerns are mild or moderate. Numerous clinics of Invisalign in San Jose, CA, and you can always discuss personal aspects of the treatment. In this post, we are discussing the pros and cons of Invisalign for your help.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligner trays are super easy to wear and feel more comfortable as there are no brackets or wires. You can compare the trays with normal mouthguards.
- Appeal: Because Invisalign trays are clear and transparent, you don’t have as many smile concerns as you wear the braces throughout the day.
- Convenience: No matter whether you have mildly gapped teeth or other concerns, wearing Invisalign trays is easy. You can also remove the trays while eating, ensuring adequate comfort.
- Better hygiene: You can remove the trays, which further ensures that there won’t be issues like food lodging. With traditional braces, that is often a major disadvantage.
- Maintenance: While your dentist will share instructions to care for your Invisalign trays, you don’t have to bother about extensive maintenance.
On the flip side
- Expensive: Invisalign is a costly option, especially when compared to metal braces. For a lot of patients, this may not be the option.
- Attachments: You can still notice the trays. It can also take a while to get used to the aligners, which can be a bummer for many adults.
- Removable: Because the trays are removable, patients don’t often wear them for extended hours, which can impact the final results. You are required to wear your Invisalign trays for at least 20 hours.
As you can guess, the pros of Invisalign outweigh the cons. Not everyone can benefit from the treatment, especially when someone has an advanced orthodontic issue. Talk to your dentist and discuss the various aspects of getting Invisalign and what you can expect from the treatment. Also, you need to care for your trays as suggested, and it can take a significant time to see results, especially if you don’t wear the aligners for long hours each day.
Overall, Invisalign continues to remain the first choice of orthodontists and patients alike for its comfort, fit, and appearance. You will need at least two appointments to get custom trays.